Get your admissions requirements and application deadline for this programme by following our guide.
Check your admission requirements and when to apply
Answer three questions in our admission guide to get
your application deadline
which documents to submit
access to the application portal Søknadsweb
Selected program requirements (visible to UiO employees only)
You must have a bachelor’s degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor’s degree.
Required specialization and minimum grade requirement
You must have a minimum grade average comparable to a Norwegian C in the required specialization. A Norwegian C is described as a good grade, generally comparable to an American B and a Second Class Upper in the British system. We do not use conversion tables for foreign grades. All foreign education is individually evaluated during the admission process.
Please note that eligible applicants who fulfill the minimum grade requirement will compete for a study place. Please see the section on ranking for more information on selection criteria.
The required specialization consists of minimum of 80 ECTS credits within one of the following areas:
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences: Bioscience, Chemistry, Geosciences, Informatics, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Science, Physics
- Medical Sciences: Basic and clinical subjects within Medicine, Odontology and Veterinary Sciences
- Technology and Engineering: Civil, Electronics, Energy, Environmental, Information- and Communication, Marine, Material, Mechanical, Medical, Process
Applicants who fulfill the 2017 required specialization for the master's programme in Entrepreneurship, regular track, will still fulfill the required specialization for this programme until and including 2021. The previous required specialization were:
- A bachelor’s degree within technology, mathematics or natural sciences, which includes a minimum of 80 ECTS credits within technology, mathematics or natural sciences.
Note that applicants in addition must submit a CV and a motivation letter. Read the section Additional documentation for details.
Further documentation for this program
Applicants to this programme must upload the following documentation:
- Motivation letter
Your motivation letter should be between ½ page – maximum 1 page, addressing the following:
- Why are you applying to this program and what are your expectations?
- What are you passionate about outside your work and studies? Describe an extracurricular activity you are particularly proud of and why it was important to you.
- What kind of experiences do you have from working in teams and how do you function in such settings?
- How do you see your ability to meet the full time requirement attending lectures and participate in group work throughout the program?
Ranking of applicants
Selection is based on your academic performance in the required subjects for this programme.
Admission to this programme is usually highly competitive. Please note that even if you fulfill the minimum grade requirement, you are not guaranteed a study place in the programme.
If an applicant has more than 80 ECTS credits in the required specialization, the 80 ECTS credits with the highest grades will form the grade average. Additional points may be given for statement of purpose and commitment as expressed in the motivation letter.