Semester abroad

There are many options for you to study abroad during your Master's degree. Through a semester or a year abroad you will acquire language skills, a network of contacts and international experience vital to your further career.

When can I study abroad?

You can study abroad in your second semester. Courses taken on exchange can be approved as replacements for your obligatory courses.. Please contact your study advisor to plan your stay abroad.

Where can I study abroad?

The Department of Literature, Area Studies and European Languages (ILOS) own some exchange agreements in Great Britain and the United States. You will be prioritized to these agreements if you apply to them.

  • University of Strathclyde - At Scotland's Third largest University, located in Glasgow, you can find a wide variety of courses in English Language and Literature.
  • University of York: Det norske studiesenteret - Enjoy a semester abroad in historical York. At this university you will find a variety of courses in English Language.
  • Montana State University - This university is located in Bozeman, Montana. Here you can study English Language surrounded by mountains and open spaces.

You can also apply to agreements owned by the Faculty of Humanities. You will be prioritized to these agreements as a Faculty of Humanities student.

The University of Oslo administer exchange agreements with universities all over the world that you can apply to.

How do I apply?

For practical information about an exchange agreement at the University of Oslo (contact person, application, deadlines, etc.), please refer to the website of the agreement in question.

Please contact Lisbeth Larsen if you have questions about the exchange agreements owned by the Department.

Published Aug. 15, 2014 12:27 PM - Last modified May 14, 2019 9:24 AM