IN5150 – Recent Advancement in Internet Protocols
This research-oriented seminar explores state-of-the art developments in Internet protocols, especially transport-,network-, and application-layer protocols. The seminar offers a critical look at these Internet protocols. This will allow participants to better understand protocol shortcomings, and how new solutions try to address these shortcomings. Specific seminar topics will focus on recent Internet standards.
After you have completed this course, you:
- understand the problems of today's Internet protocols
- understand how the Internet protocols evolve, including the roles of big players and Internet standards
- know and understand the needs for new Internet protocol innovations
- know how to concisely present results from research papers
15 students can be admitted. The students will be prioritized as follows:
1) Phd students at the Department of Informatics with IN9150 on their approved study plan.
2) Master students at the Department of Informatics with IN5150 on their approved study plan.
3) Master/PhD students at the Department of Informatics.
4) Other qualified students.
Recommended previous knowledge
3 hours of lectures per week. Discussion and group work.The students are expected to participate in the discussions An oral presentation in class must been given. To be allowed to take the final exam, each student must attend at least 80% of the lectures, and prior to each of these lectures, the student must read the articles to be discussed.
It is strongly recommended to attend the first lecture because administrative information will be given.
The grade will be calculated as 50% for the presentation and 50% for the oral exam.
Language of examination
The examination text is given in English, and you submit your response in English.
Grades are awarded on a scale from A to F, where A is the best grade and F is a fail. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Withdrawal from an examination
It is possible to take the exam up to 3 times. If you withdraw from the exam after the deadline or during the exam, this will be counted as an examination attempt.
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.