ENT4210 – Practical Innovation Management
Schedule, syllabus and examination date
The aim of the course is to introduce students to a practical innovation context, typically a knowledge-based and innovation oriented company, where they will be able to draw upon their skills acquired in previous courses to solve, or work on, a problem relating to a company’s innovation processes. The student will do this by working as an intern in the company for at least three days a week during the course period. The internship is problem oriented – focusing on a task of importance and use to the company, and/or the company may serve as a case in a case writing project. A specific assignment can typically be formulated in dialogue between the student and the company, and with representatives from the Center for Entrepreneurship. This course complement ENT4220/ Gründerskolen where the students worked in a small start-up company. Now they are exposed to innovation proceseses in more larger companies.
The students should demonstrate proficiency in writing a business or learning case which may address one or more of the following themes:
• Development of parts of or a complete business plan for a product
• Analysis and development of a business model
• Development of a market analysis and marketing plan
• Development of a competitor analysis
• Analysis of new supply and distribution channels
• Assessment of a firm’s current position vis-à-vis competitors, including identification of core competences
• Risk analysis of a firm’s activities or a of a product/market strategy
• Analysis and development of new product concepts
• Analysis and development of new collaboration strategies
• Intellectual property investigation and strategy
• Organizational analysis and development
Enrolment in the study programme Entrepreneurship required.
Formal prerequisite knowledge
Passed in course ENT 4400 and ENT 4220/Gründerskolen.
Recommended previous knowledge
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException, Error: java.lang.NullPointerException, Error: java.lang.NullPointerException, Error: java.lang.NullPointerException,
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException,Error: java.lang.NullPointerException,Error: java.lang.NullPointerException
Project based with internship / cooperation with local technology company.
October - December. Duration: 8 weeks. Min. 3 days a week.
Four Dialouge meetings during the internship periode.
Submission of a written paper, and participated in the mandatory dialog meetings.
Language of examination
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.
The course is subject to continuous evaluation. At regular intervals we also ask students to participate in a more comprehensive evaluation.