UiO contributes to innovation directly through commercialisation of research findings, and through cooperation with business partners and the public sector. The most important contribution to innovation, however, is made through education of degree candidates, excellent research, and the exchange of knowledge with important stakeholders in society.
Inven2 is the largest contributor in Norway within the field of commercialization of research, and contributes to develop a number of useful products and services to the community. Inven2 is owned by the University of Oslo and Oslo University Hospital.
The UiO Innovation Prize is awarded to researchers whose work has had an impact on society and created added value.
Student exchange, Science Shop and Research Collaboration.
Studies where you can learn about innovation
- Innovation and entrepreneurship (Master's two years)
- Teknologi, innovasjon og kunnskap (Master's two years - in Norwegian)
- Society, Science and Technology in Europe (Master's - one and a half year)
- Utvikling av nye legemidler (course - in Norwegian)
- Sosialt entreprenørskap (half year - in Norwegian)
- Gründerskolen(half year - in Norwegian)
is a student organization that wants to facilitate innovation and entrepreneurship amongst UiO's students, and can give assistance with start ups.