Newsletter UiO:Life Science April 2019
Health industry and life sciences at UiO
After just over one year of operation, UiO:Life Science's innovation program SPARK Norway begins to provide results for the projects in the form of breakthroughs on external applications. An estimated NOK 30 million has been allocated to the projects as a result of a year as so-called SPARKees. UiO thinks that the programme is suitable for other academic institutions in Norway as well and wants to establish a national collaboration on the programme. Read the news in Norwegian.
Master students at six departments at UiO can apply UiO:Life Science for funding to test innovative ideas in the laboratory. The project is the seed for a biomakerspace in the planned life science building at UiO. The student accelerator Insj UiO and the pharmaceutical company Bayer are UiO:Life Science's partners in project. Read the news in Norwegian.
Blog from vice-rector for research and innovation Per Morten Sandset: On 5 April, the government finally presented the long-awaited white paper on health industry. We have had great expectations! For UiO, it is important that education and basic research is made visible and recognized when we talk about health industry. It is therefore gratifying that the focus on life sciences is emphasized as a basis for innovation and business activity. Read the blog in Norwegian.
- Open call UiO:Life Science – no deadline
- Support from UiO for events Oslo European green capital 2019 – no deadline
- Support from UiO:Life Science for events – deadline 1 June
- Support from UiO:Life Science for internationalization – deadline 1 June
- NEW! Biomakerspace: Innovation grant for life science students – deadline 13 June
22 May: SPARK Norway Educational Forum
The topic is Data Quality and Reproducibility
- Programme and registration form will be published next week.
- Save the 19 June for the last meeting this spring.
May/June: Breakfast meetings on UiO:Life Science's funding opportunities and the life science building
UiO:Life Science and vice-rector for research and innovation Per Morten Sandset invite employees at UiO to breakfast meetings in the end of May/beginning of June. Funding opportunities from UiO:Life Science in research, education and innovation and the status and plans for the new life science building at UiO is on the agenda.
Invitations will be sent to all units at UiO next week.
12 June: Workshop for secondary school teachers on the digital universe in biotechnology and life sciences
Events with support from UiO:Life Science
29 April: The 2019 Day of Immunology
8 May: Life Science Writing Club,
- 15–16 May: Towards in silico-Guided Clinical Trials in Cancer
16 May: Sven Furberg seminar: Dr. Gunter Klambauer,
more seminars this spring
- 4 June: Breakfast seminar on dental health among elderly (in Norwegian)
- 7–12 July 2019: ISHPSSB 2019 conference (International Society for the History Philosophy and Social Studies of Biology)