Charging stations for electric cars
The University has several charging stations for electric cars. Students and employees may use these free of charge.
Employees charge at staff parking areas and students at student parking areas. In some areas, you need a key to the charging station. The charging stations are not for hybrid cars.
Charging stations at Blindern
- Six spots on the south side of Fysikkbygningen, along the eastern wing
- 20 spots between Fysikkbygningen and Farmasibygningen
- Two spots in the front yard of Kristian Ottosens hus ("Lavblokka")
- Four spots in the parking lot northwest of the Henrik Wergelands hus
- Two spots in Blindernveien 11
- Two payment spots on the student parking lot in Problemveien - also accomodates hybrids
Charging stations at Gaustad and Sentrum
- Two spots at Gaustad by Domus Medica
- Six spots in the parking garage of Ole-Johan Dahl hus
- Two spots downtown, in the backyard of Frederiks gate 3
How to use the charging stations
- The charging stations are locked. Get the key for the outlet by contacting the Estate Department's operations office for the area to which the parking spot belongs. You must show your student or employee card and sign for the key.
- The spots are marked "Reserved parking for electric cars being charged".
- The spots can be used by plated electric cars only during charging. Any other parking is subject to the regular inspection fee.
- It is a prerequisite that the vehicle has a valid parking permit (sticker or card) for UiO.
The charging stations support UiO's environmental protection efforts. The service is meant to be available to as many owners of electric cars as possible. We encourage users of these stations only to use them when necessary.
Charging stations for guests
- Guests at UiO may charge electric cars at the student parking lot in Problemveien.
- Four charging slots are available at the rear of the Move About poles.
- Use the lower outlet.
- You need a visitor permit B which is granted by the unit you are visiting.