Charging stations for electric cars
The University has several charging stations for employees driving electric cars.
The charging stations on this page may be used free of charge. They are not for hybrid cars.
It's prohibited to charge cars, both electric and hybrid, on regular electrical outlets.
Charging stations at Blindern
- 20 spots in the parking lot between Fysikkbygningen and Farmasibygningen
- Eight spots in the parking lot by Lucy Smiths hus and Villa Eika (reserved spots)
Charging stations at Gaustad
- Six spots in the parking garage of Domus Medica tilbygg
- Six spots in the parking garage of Ole-Johan Dahl hus
- Four spots in the parking lot behind Gaustadalléen 30
How to use the charging stations
- The spots are marked "Reserved parking for electric cars being charged".
- The spots can be used by plated electric cars only during charging. Any other parking is subject to the regular inspection fee.
- It is a prerequisite that the vehicle has a valid parking permit for UiO.
The charging stations support UiO's environmental protection efforts. The service is meant to be available to as many owners of electric cars as possible. We encourage users of these stations only to use them when necessary.