Parking at the University of Oslo
Parking is only permitted in marked parking spaces, and with a valid parking permit. Parking inside the area delimited by the campus barriers is not permitted.
Parking space is scarce at all UiO Campuses. Therefore, UiO encourages visitors, students, and employees to use public transport to get to UiO.
- To park at the University, you need to have a valid parking sticker, parking card, or a ticket from a parking meter attached to your front windscreen.
- The permit is issued to the vehicle. The vehicle can only have one kind of permit (sticker or card).
- If you park at the University's parking spaces without a valid parking permit or ticket between 08:00 AM and 16:00 PM on weekdays, you may get fined. Read the University's Parking Regulations.
- Parking stickers must be renewed every other year by 15 February.
- As a registered student you are entitled to the S-sticker ("S-oblat"), and are allowed to park at the parking spaces marked with the letter S.
- Parking stickers for students (S-sticker) are handed out at the SiO Center in Blindern, Kristian Ottosens hus (in the Akademika bookshop building). You must show a valid student and semester card.
- The sticker for 2017 is also valid for 2018. You don't need to replace it.
- Visitors can get a parking permit for short visits, the B-card. The B-cards are issued by the unit receiving the visitor upon request. The location and duration of the visit is specified on the card, maximum duration is 1 week. The card must be attached to the windscreen, clearly visible.
- Vehicles carrying B-permits may park in parking spaces marked with A, R and S.
- Short-term visitors can also park in metered parking spaces (B).
Contractors, service companies etc.
- E-permits can be obtained from the office of the appropriate operations area or Mail Services and Printing (Bud- og reprosentralen) on the lower ground floor in Lucy Smiths hus.
- Vehicles with E-permits may park in parking spaces marked with A, R and S.
- Employees must have a parking sticker to park on UiO's parking spaces. Order a parking sticker.
Spaces with parking meters
- In the student parking lot at Blindern campus, there are 26 spaces with parking meters.
- There are spaces with parking meters on the parking lot at The Vikingship Museum in Bygdøy.
Delivery of goods
Short stops to deliver and pick up goods and to drop off or pick up persons are permitted where specified by traffic signs.
- You find racks for bicycle parking at the entrance to most buildings.
- Bike parking is only allowed in these racks.
- Bikes are not allowed into buildings. Read the bike regulations.
City bike stations
City bike stations are located on Blindern, downtown and on Tøyen, in addition to many other locations in Oslo.
Scooter and motorcycle parking
Scooters and motorcycles can stand outside marked places, as long as they do not hinder public traffic. It is not allowed to park on the green areas.
Parking for the physically disabled
Parking spaces for the physically disabled are marked with the handicap symbol and can be used by vehicles who have a municipal handicap parking permit.
Charging station for electric cars
UiO has several charging stations for electric cars. See overview
Parking at the Natural History Museum
UiO has declared the Botanical Garden to be a pedestrian area to protect everyone traveling on foot in the garden. All driving and parking in the garden is therefore generally prohibited.
Staff, students, guests, contractors, service companies etc. with a valid parking permit may use UiO parking spaces right outside the garden in Sofienberggata (50 spaces) and Monrads gate (20 spaces). Visitors without a parking permit find a public parking lot between the Munch Museum and the Botanical Garden with entry from Monrads gate. Read more about access to the Natural History Museum.