UiO encourages visitors, students and employees to walk, ride a bike or use public transport.
- A few parking spaces in the backyard of Frederiks gate 3.
- A few spaces in the backyard of St. Olavs gate 29.
- The parking lot behind The Historical Museum is closed until February 2021.
- No parking spaces for students in the city centre.
Tøyen: The Natural History Museum
- All driving and parking in the Botanical Garden is prohibited.
- Staff, students, guests, contractors, service companies etc. with a valid parking permit may use UiO parking spaces right outside the garden in Sofienberggata (50 spaces) and Monrads gate (20 spaces).
- Read more about access to the Natural History Museum
Gaustad: The Science Park
All the visitor parking spaces by Kristen Nygaards hus are reserved for the Norwegian Computing Center.
Parking with a UiO parking permit
Parking without a UiO parking permit
- Short term parking by Kristen Nygaards hus might be available in case of deliveries or heavy equipment transport – please contact USIT, who may be of assistance.
- Metered parking in the indoor car park in Forskningsparken/Oslo Science Park or Rikshospitalet.
Gaustad: Domus Medica og Domus Odontologica
Electric car par
The slots can only be used while charging electric cars, and are not reserved for electric cars in general. The charging points are not compatible with hybrid cars.
Illegally parked cars and cars with no permit can be fined. The fine will be issued by Apcoa A/S (apcoasupport.no).
Gaustad: Harald Schjelderups hus
- Employees: Parking by the end of Forskningsveien 3a.
- Visitors: Metered parking in Forskningsveien. Alternatively contact the department for guest parking permits for the spaces marked A.
- Students: No parking spaces in Forskningsveien.
Gaustad: Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet
Gaustad: Geitmyrsveien 69/71
22 parking spaces for employees behind the building.
OUS: Klinmed and IMB
Frederik Holsts hus and Stjerneblokka, Lille Ullevål (Institute of Health and Society)
- Parking for employees who hold a parking permit along the fence by Frederik Holsts hus.
- Visitors: The fourth parking space, closest to the storehouse on pillars, is reserved for visitors. Employees can reserve a parking space for their guest at the Frederik Holsts hus’ reception desk.
- Metered parking: On the upper side of Nedre Ullevåls vei, including the area in front of Nedre Ullevål 11. Use the parking app. A few metered parking spaces in front of the main entrance of Frederik Holsts hus.