Admission for Nordplus/Nordlys students

Nordplus is a mobility programme for students at institutions of higher education in the Nordic and Baltic countries.

Students at universities in the Nordic countries which do not have a Nordplus network partner at the University of Oslo may still be eligible to apply for exchange through the Nordlys network.

Nomination and application

You must apply through your home institution, so first contact your Nordplus coordinator.


The application must be completed online before:

  • 1 May for the autumn semester (August - December)
  • 15 October for the spring semester (January - June)

Letters of admission will be available online in mid May for the autumn semester and in late October for the spring semester.


The University of Oslo offers a wide range of courses taught in English. Nordic students who speak a Scandinavian language may also choose from the list of courses taught in Norwegian.

The course descriptions will give you detailed information about each course, when it is taught, the syllabus, form of examination, etc. The lists are updated for the coming semester in late November/mid-May.

Nordplus students who wish to follow courses that are not included in the network they apply through, must ensure that their home institution will recognize such courses as part of their degree. The student must also contact the department/faculty he/she is applying to, to ensure permission to follow courses at other departments/faculties. If permission is granted, that department/faculty will facilitate contact between the student and the other department/faculty.

Student housing, arrival and orientation

Student housing must be booked before 1 June for the autumn semester and 1 November for the spring semester. We advise students to apply as early as possible to be prioritized for housing in one of the student residences.

Exchange students should arrive in Oslo the week before the start of a semester to ensure that they will be present for the orientation for new students.

See also new international students.

Contact information

For questions regarding courses and other academic matters, please contact the department or faculty with which your institution has an agreement, or the faculty which offers the course in question. Please see contact information

Published June 1, 2010 3:53 PM - Last modified Aug. 30, 2022 2:53 PM