FIL2309 – Philosophy of religion
Schedule, syllabus and examination date
The content of the course may vary. It can be either a course in philosophy of religion focusing on typical subjects within the field, or a philosophical treatment of teological subjects.
The aim is to give the participants:
- an in-depth knowledge of the texts as well as the central names within the field.
- a certain knowledge of the debates concerning the field
- the ability to explain in a consistent and clear way what characterizes the field
- the ability to critically and in a rather independent way discuss important subjects within the field
Students who are admitted to study programmes at UiO must each semester register which courses and exams they wish to sign up for in Studentweb.
If you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about admission requirements and procedures.
- 5 credits overlap with FIL2100 – Fordypning - Metafysikk (discontinued)
- 5 credits overlap with FIL2101 – Fordypning - Bevissthetsfilosofi (discontinued)
14 double sessions of seminar.
A 3-days home exam which consists of an essay of approximately 7-9 pages à 2300 characters, excl. bibliography.
You submit your exam in Inspera within the given deadline.
Use of sources and citation
Grades are awarded on a scale from A to F, where A is the best grade and F is a fail. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Resit an examination
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.
All courses are subject to continuous evaluation. The Department's assessments of courses are
available at our web-pages but generally only in Norwegian.