HMS0502 – Positive Learning Environment
Changes in the course due to coronavirus
Autumn 2020 the exams of most courses at the MN Faculty will be conducted as digital home exams or oral exams, using the normal grading scale. The semester page for your course will be updated with any changes in the form of examination.
A good learning environment demands more than excellent lectures and learning materials. This course will help you reflect on what constitutes a good learning environment and how we all contribute to creating this environment.
After completing the course you should have knowledge of:
- Common stressors that can prevent learning and how to avoid them
- How to develop good study habits
- What you should do if you become aware a serious incident (whistle blowing)
Admission to the course
The course is compulsory for:
- New students in the following bachelor's programmes:
- All bachelor's programmes at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Science
- Dental Health
- New students in the following 5-year master's programmes:
- New students in following Master's programmes:
- New students at following the programme of professional study:
- Other students taking a course having HMS0502 as a prerequisite
The course is an individual online course. The course is available on a smart phone, PC, Mac or tablet. You can access the online course here: ehms.uio.no/#/2/en
You need to be registered for the course and exam in Student Web to complete the online digital exam.
From the spring semester 2021, transitional arrangements between old and new HSE courses will be discontinued, and old HSE courses will no longer exempt new HSE courses. If you have further questions, please contact MN student information.
You will not be exempt from the HSE courses if you have taken HSE courses previously at another institution. The courses offered by the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences are specific to the University of Oslo.
The online course includes an online digital exam that you need to pass, to successfully complete the course. Please note that you will have to be registered for the course in StudentWeb to complete the exam. You have to wait until the day after you have been registered for the course to take the test.
The digital exam is multiple choice and you can take the exam more than once. When you have passed the exam you will receive an email confirming you have passed the course.
If HMS0502 is a degree requirement or a formal prerequisite for any of the courses in your degree, you will not get your degree approved until you have passed the course.
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.