Elections at the University of Oslo
The employees and students at the University of Oslo decide who is going to fill the main executive positions and represent them on governing bodies on all levels of the organisation by means of elections.
- Dean and Vice-Dean (check your faculty's website)
- Faculty Board (check your faculty's website)
- Head of Department and deputy (check your unit's website)
- Department Board (check your unit's website)
See the information on the Student Parliament website.
Election of safety delegates and local working environment committees
See the information on the webpages election of safety delegates and local working environment committees.
How often are elections held?
The normal term of office for elected officers is four years, but with varying cycles, meaning that a large number of elections are held each year. Some groups of representatives are elected for a year at a time.
Most elections are held in a short space of time in the autumn semester. Elections are normally conducted electronically.
- Election Regulations for the University of Oslo (Norwegian)
- Universities and Colleges Act (lovdata.no) (Norwegian)