The units are responsible for purchasing furniture and fixtures. The Estate Department does repairs of limited damage that does not require any special expertise, equipment or spare parts from the supplier.
The Estate Department is responsible for:
- Mounting shelves, hanging pictures, mounting signs.
- Repairs and maintenance of fixed furniture such as benches in auditoriums. The Estate Department identifies this furniture.
- Simple repairs of loose furniture and loose fittings that do not require specialist skills, equipment or reserve parts from the supplier.
- The Estate Department assesses whether they can complete the repair.
- The Estate Department does not replace broken furniture, does not put together flat-pack furniture or do challenging furniture repairs.
Each unit is responsible for:
- Reporting their needs in accordance with the current process.
- Purchasing furniture and fixtures.
- Not removing or changing loose furniture, fixed furniture or protected fixtures.
- Obtaining replacement furniture or ordering a repairer from the furniture supplier in accordance with the contract and agreement directory.
Each unit is responsible for their user equipment
Each unit is responsible for repairing fixtures, kitchen equipment and user equipment:
- Lamps and wall clocks
- Chairs, tables and shelves
- Telephones, computers, TVs
- Kitchenettes: coffee makers, kettles, loose stoves and beverage dispensers
- Display cases and other exhibition components
- Dams and pools that are part of exhibitions
- Rolling stacks
- Laboratory equipment
- Fume hoods
- Information screens and electronic signs
The units are also responsible for equipment that supports user equipment, such as uninterruptible power supply (UPS), aggregates, water treatment plants and alarm equipment
Report damages, defects and needs
You can also report other needs related to cleaning, outdoor space, waste, internal relocation, courier services or other operational work.