UiO requires its teachers to have basic pedagogical skills. If you lack them you can acquire teaching competence within regular working hours.
General pedagogical training programme
LINK - Centre for Learning, Innovation & Academic Development offers a training programme that will lead to the teaching competence and comprises 200 working hours. The programme consists of:
- an introductory module (120 hours)
- one large module (30 hours) or two small modules (15 hours each)
- pedagogical development work at your own department/faculty (50 hours)
Units offering their own pedagocial training programmes
- Dentistry offers courses in clinical supervision (Norwegian) in cooperation with the Department of Education (Academic unit for university teaching, FUP) .
- The Institute of Basic Medical Sciences provides resources for professional development of teachers in professional education and master's program in clinical nutrition (Norwegian).
Also employees who already have or are not required to have basic pedagogical skills can attend courses and receive other forms of support in further developing their teaching-related work. Read more about support for individual units and consultation activities (Norwegian).