Parking for employees
Employees need a parking sticker marked A to park at UiO's parking spaces. The sticker is valued for two years.
Who can get an A parking sticker?
- The parking stickers marked A are for employees of the University of Oslo and SiO (the student welfare organisation) and are valid for two years. All persons who receive salary from the University are defined as employees. Also part-time teachers are entitled to the A parking sticker. This ensures fair and equal treatment of all employees.
- Emeriti who remain active at the University receive a parking permit on equal terms as employees.
- University employees have to fill in an online parking form to receive a parking sticker.
- Vehicles carrying the A-sticker may park in spaces marked A.
Parking for contractors, craftsmen, service companies etc.
- The parking card marked E is issued to contractors, service companies etc. which are executing assignments at the University area.
- E-permits are issued by the Operational Services area offices or from Mail Services and Printing center in the basement of Lucy Smiths hus.
- These parking cards are only valid for 3 months.
- Cars with E-permits may park in parking slots marked with A, E and S.
Parking for other visitors
- Parking cards marked B are for external parties visiting a unit or an employee at the University. These parking cards are issued for short visits, for example one or two days. Visitor's parking cards can be issued for one week at most. The cards are issued by the unit receiving the visitor and the duration and location are specified on the card.
- Cars with B-permits can park in parking spaces marked with A, R and S.
- Short-term visitors can also park in metered parking spaces.
What do the parking signs at UiO mean?
- A-spaces may be used by cars with A-stickers, R-stickers, E-cards and B-cards.
- S-spaces may be used by cars with S-stickers, R-stickers, E-cards and B-cards.
- R-spaces may be used by cars with R-stickers and B-cards.
- Handicap spaces are marked with a handicap symbol and reserved for cars with a municipal parking permit card for disabled.