HMS0505 – Electricity Safety
The course discusses the dangers associated electricity both for persons and property and provide a brief review of the danger level at current (I) and voltage (V). Moreover affected issues related to grounding and electrostatic discharge (ESD).
The module will be appropriate for most situation you find yourself in at UiO as well as at home.
After completing the course you should have knowledge of:
- Gained awareness that your work with electricity can harm others
- Electrical terms that are essential for safety
- The hazards of working with electricity and consider risk
- The actions that can reduce risk
- First aid in case of damage from electricity
Admission to the course
The course is compulsory for:
- Students taking a course having HMS0505 as a prerequisite
- New students in the following bachelor's programme:
- New students in the following 5-year master's programmes:
- New students in following Master's programmes:
- New students at following the programme of professional study:
The course is an individual online course. The course is available on a smart phone, PC, Mac or tablet. You can access the online course here: ehms.uio.no/#/5/en
You need to be registered for the course and exam in Student Web to complete the online digital exam.
From the spring semester 2021, transitional arrangements between old and new HSE courses will be discontinued, and old HSE courses will no longer exempt new HSE courses. If you have further questions, please contact MN student information.
You will not be exempt from the HSE courses if you have taken HSE courses previously at another institution. The courses offered by the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences are specific to the University of Oslo.
The online course includes an online digital exam that you need to pass, to successfully complete the course. Please note that you will have to be registered for the course in StudentWeb to complete the exam. You have to wait until the day after you have been registered for the course to take the test.
The digital exam is multiple choice and you can take the exam more than once. When you have passed the exam you will receive an email confirming you have passed the course. You have to wait until the day after you registered for the course to take the test to get a pass.
If HMS0505 is a degree requirement or a formal prerequisite for any of the courses in your degree, you will not get your degree approved until you have passed the course.
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.