ENERGI9010 - The Transition towards Sustainable Energy Systems
The UiO:Energy Summer School will offer insights into ways of analyzing the ongoing transformation of the energy system with a particular focus on the future of the energy grid and how to balance the increasing intermittency. The course will combine lectures from a range of disciplines with study visits to energy facilities and the opportunity to collaborate with fellow participants on group projects. Throughout the week, students, professionals, and high-level academics and experts in the energy field will work together to develop a better understanding of the challenges facing the industry today.
The students will be given lectures by:
- Jan Bråten, Special Advisor, Statnett
- Astrid Skjønborg Brunt, Legal vice president Statnett
- Ånund Killingtveit, Professor at Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at NTNU and Vice Director Centre for Environmental Design of Renewable Energy (CEDREN).
- Øystein Ulleberg, Institute for Energy Technology and leader of Mobility Zero Emission Energy Systems
- Fred Espen Benth, Professor department of mathematics at University of Oslo
- Bjørn Thorud, Senior Advicer Multiconsult
- Anders Elverhøi, UiO:Energy
Admission to a PhD programme within a field focusing on sustainable energy systems.
How to apply
Contact Senior Executive Officer:
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.
Resit an examination
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.
The course is subject to continuous evaluation. At regular intervals we also ask students to participate in a more comprehensive evaluation.