Human resources development is an important part of the leadership role, and the employer’s responsibility is defined in the Basic Collective Agreement and in the Working Environment Act. At the same time all employees have a responsibility for acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out their duties.
Leave to carry out further training
- You are entitled to unpaid educational leave of a maximum of three years, provided that you have worked for at least three years and have worked for UiO for the last two years. This right is set out in Section 12 (11) of the Working Environment Act (pdf) (arbeidstilsynet.no), which also gives more detailed conditions for such leave of absence.
- Send a written application (excel) to your manager.
- Leave of absence with or without pay for a maximum of three years to carry out further training for Civil Service work is regarded as pension-qualifying service, cf. Section 6 (5) of the Basic Collective Agreement (lovdata.no) (Norwegian).
- Paid leave of absence to take an examination is sanctioned and specified by Section 10 of the Special agreement on leave of absence and financial terms and conditions for further and continuing education, courses etc. (lovdata.no) (Norwegian).
- Request leave in the HR portal, use the absence type Exam/reading days.