Grade explanation and comments in Inspera
As a grader you can write grade explanations and comments in Inspera. There is also a field for private notes.
All graders in the committee have equal access to write and edit the explanation.
- Inspera saves the name of the grader who last edited the explanation.
- As a grader you will receive an email notification each time a new candidate requests an explanation, as well as when an explanation is sent to the candidate (unless you have disabled these notifications in your notification settings).
1. Go to the Grade module and find the test. In the candidate list you can see which candidates have requested an explanation.
2. Click on the candidate and choose "Add"
It is possible to write an explanation even if it has not been requested by the candidate
3. Save as a draft
- If the explanation is not complete, you can save the draft and continue later.
- You must save the draft before you can mark the explanation as "ready".
4. Mark as ready
- When the explanation is complete, click "Mark as Ready"
- Only one grader has to mark the explanation as ready
- When the explanation is marked as ready, the exam planner (administrative staff) can send the explanation to the candidate
5. Send to candidate (if activated in test settings)
- If activated by the exam planner (administrative staff), you as a grader can send the explanation to the candidate yourself when it is ready. Mark the explanation as ready and then click "Send to candidate".
- If the "Send to candidate" button does not appear, this means that the explanation must be sent by the exam planner.
- You can see whether an explanation is sent in the "Explanation" column in the candidate list.
As a grader you can also add your own notes. The notes can be copied and pasted into an explanation to be sent to the student, by clicking "Add your private notes".
See the Inspera user guide.