How to submit jobs to Colossus from MS-Windows environment.
It is not possible to submit jobs to the Colossus HPC cluster directly from a MS Windows machine. Therefore, TSD projects that need access to Colossus are provided with one dedicated Linux submit virtual machine (VM) per project. Users who use Windows VMs to connect to their projects in TSD should follow this procedure to log in to their Linux submit VMs. From the Linux submit VM, they can submit jobs to Colossus.
1. Log in to your Windows VM first (normally called "pNN-win01"; where "pNN" is your project number).
2. Run the program "PuTTY" from your Windows VM.
3. Configure "PuTTY" as follows:
- Choose "Session" in the left category pane.
- Set "Host Name (or IP address)": pNN-submit (where pNN is your project number)
- Set "Connection type": SSH
4. You can save the configuration for later use by giving a name on the “Saved Session” as shown in the above picture and press save button on the right.
5. Choose the saved Session from the list and press "Open" at the bottom. Then you will get a ssh terminal as shown on the following picture. Login by using your username and password for TSD. Accept the SSH key.
6. You are now logged in to your Linux submit VM. From here you can follow the instructions on the Colossus User Guide to submit jobs to Colossus.
Opening hours are weekdays from 08:30 to 17:00 and Saturdays from 10:00 to 15:00.
Phone number: 22 84 00 04
Your request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.Send email
Book a Zoom meeting
Students and employees can book a Zoom meeting with UiO Helpdesk. Available hours are Tuesday to Thursday between 11:00 and 13:00.Book a video call
Chat with us
Our chat is open every weekday between 09:00 and 16:00.Start chat