Import and export data in TSD
Go directly to Data import and export
- Only project administrators, or those appointed by them, can export data.
- Any project member can import data.
- Sensitive data must be encrypted before import or export.
File naming conventions
Characters can be any number, letter, hyphens or underscores. The first character can not be a punctuation mark.
You can import files to your TSD project area with TSD's dataportal for file import.
Log in to the data portal.
The imported files are stored inside the folder file-import in the project area data/durable, normally in a folder named after the group the files were imported with, for instance /tsd/p11/data/durable/file-import/p11-member-group.
Record audio and video
Video and audio from devices like web cameras and microphones can be captured and recorded live in the TSD project area with TSD's media capture app.
Log inn to the media capture application.
More about using the application.
Import links for partners without a TSD account
The project administrator of a TSD project can give import grants to external partners who do not have a TSD user account in the relevant project.
1. Log in to Selfservice and choose Manage external import links.
2. Click Create new link.
3. Choose which group the recipient shall belong to. You must also set an end date for uploading files and describe what the link shall be used for.
Optional properties let you set a start date for uploads, and define a maximum number of uploads and which sub directory the files will be stored in.
Importing register data from SSB
Once you have established contact with a representative from SSB for the delivery of register data to your TSD project you can create an import grant as explained above, and share the link with SSB.
Once you have logged in to the self service portal, you can name this link and set the receiving group to you personal user group. The uploaded data will then be accessible only to yourself.
Once you are satisfied with the link settings, you can display it, copy it, and share it with SSB.
Files stored in the file-export folder of a project e.g. /tsd/p11/data/durable/file-export are available for download outside of TSD by all members of the file-export-group. The files are available in the data portal. Log in to the TSD data portal.
Requirements for using our data portal
A recent release of your preferred web browser is required for the apps to function properly. You may have to enable cookies. For the media capture application, requirements are published in more detail.
Importing and exporting data via command line in our API
Use our tsd-api-client to export or import data from the command line.
Download the client here.
The tool relies on our file API which is available to all projects by default. There are no limits on file sizes, and uploads and downloads are resumable by default. The program also supports incremental directory synchronisation.
If you have admin right son your computer you might use the command pip3 install tsd-api-client --upgrade in the command line. If you don't haver admin rights, use pip3 install tsd-api-client --user --upgrade.
Data from restricted sites and networks - fx03
|Site||Host and port(s)|
|AMG/NSC Ullevål (OUS)||
- Find the MAC address of the server(s) you wish to connect and send these MAC addresses to email@example.com.
- After getting the OK from TSD, install the tsd-api-client as described above.
- Fx03 traffic is encrypted in transit between the other network and TSD.
- The ECDSA key fingerprint of the fx03 host is ae:bc:70:e2:1c:d2:80:ee:e4:3b:5e:2a:51:1d:60:6f.
- If you encounter a different fingerprint, this may be a security incident — please refrain from any data transfers and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for resolution.
If you use Windows inside TSD you can encrypt files before transfer with 7-Zip.
Download and install 7-Zip.
How to encrypt with 7-Zip
- Start 7-Zip.
- Disconnect your computer from the internet - disable wifi and unplug the network cable(s).
- Attach the storage with your sensitive data.
- Add the desired files to your 7-Zip archive.
- Click Next.
- Click Encrypt Files. This automatically writes files back to the same directory where the raw data was. NB! Be sure to tick off Do not erase original data.
- Store the encrypted files on your computer somewhere you are able to find them later.
- Remove all attached storage devices with sensitive data, and any sensitive files you stored on the computer before encryption.
- Connect to the internet, use TSD's data portal to import data to your TSD project area.
- Log in to your remote TSD workstation.
- Double-click your 7-Zip files.
- Type in your password and use the Decompress button.
- Your files are decrypted.
The same procedure can be used to encrypt data using 7zip prior to exporting the files using TSD's data portal.
Opening hours are weekdays from 08:30 to 17:00 and Saturdays from 10:00 to 15:00.
Phone number: 22 84 00 04
Your request can be sent to email@example.com.Send email
Book a Zoom meeting
Students and employees can book a Zoom meeting with UiO Helpdesk. Available hours are Tuesday to Thursday between 11:00 and 13:00.Book a video call
Chat with us
Our chat is open every weekday between 09:00 and 16:00.Start chat