INF9571 – Action Research Workshop
Schedule, syllabus and examination date
Seminar in Qualitative Research Methods in Information Systems, with emphasis on action research
The aim of the course is to provide
- basic knowledge and skills in action research methods
- basic knowledge and skills in research design
- basic knowledge in quantitative research methods
- basic knowledge in data analysis and data display, practical implementation and evaluation
Recommended previous knowledge
The course is intended for students doing action oriented research thesises.
- 10 credits overlap with INF5571 – Action Research Workshop (continued).
- 10 credits overlap with IN5250 – Action Research Workshop.
- 5 credits overlap with INF5570 – Action Research Workshop (discontinued).
- 5 credits overlap with INF9930 – Action Research Workshop (discontinued).
- 5 credits overlap with IN5000 – Qualitative Research Methods.
- 5 credits overlap with IN9000 – Qualitative Research Methods.
Five intensive workshops, each of two days duration. Participation in at least three of five workshops is required. Students prepare their own work to each workshop. Two of three written assingments must be approved.
1 hour written examination.
Participation in two of three workshops, and two of three written examinations must be approved in order to take the exam.
It will also be counted as one of your three attempts to sit the exam for this course, if you sit the exam for one of the following courses: IN5250 – Action Research Workshop, INF5571 - Action Research Workshop
Examination support material
No examination support material is allowed.
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.
Resit an examination
Students who can document a valid reason for absence from the regular examination are offered a postponed examination at the beginning of the next semester.Re-scheduled examinations are not offered to students who withdraw during, or did not pass the original examination.