As an UiO employee, you may apply for a salary advance under certain conditions. Such welfare loans are interest-free and are repaid via salary deductions.
- Home purchase
- Acute problems due to unforeseen events
Loans are not granted for home maintenance or tax owed.
A maximum of two months' salary can be borrowed for the purchase of property. For other issues, a loan equivalent to one month's salary is usually granted.
- Repayment begins the month after the loan is paid.
- Normally, 1/12 of gross salary is deducted every month.
- Loans of up to one month's gross pay are repaid over the course of a year.
- Loans of up to two months' gross pay are repaid over the course of two years.
- Loans for amounts below 3/5 of the Norwegian Social Insurance Scheme's basic amount (G) that carry a repayment term of one year, are not taxable.
- The balance of the loan is included in the basis for the calculation of your wealth tax.