Apply for holiday
Be sure to follow current routines when applying for taking, transfer or advance of your holiday, in order to ensure that registration in the University's salary and personnel system SAPUiO is in accordance with your entitlements. You can check your holiday quota in the HR portal. Read more about your entitlement to take holidays.
- All employees are obliged to register their preference for holiday dates in the HR portal, see user guide. Go to the HR portal (opens in new tab).
- Your application is electronically submitted from the HR Portal to your superior for approval.
- Once your superior has processed the application in the HR Portal, the system generates an email informing you of the outcome of the application.
- Read more about the number of holidays you are entitled to and check your holiday quota in the HR portal.
- Staff at the Department of Social Antropolog must in addition notify firstname.lastname@example.org about registered holiday dates.
Apply for holiday without earned holiday pay
Even if you have not earned holiday pay, you have the right to take holiday. All holidays must be agreed with the nearest manager.
- If you joined UiO before 1 October you are allotted the full holiday quota of 5 weeks (25 days) without pay. If you joined UiO after 1 October you are allotted a holiday quota of 1 week (5 days) without pay.
- When you take holidays without pay, you will be deducted on the next salary payment.
- Holidays can only be taken as full working days off.
- Apply for holidays without pay in the HR portal, see user guide. Go to the HR portal (opens in new tab).
- If you want to apply for a transfer of holiday days to next year, you must submit your application in the period 19 December to 28 February in the HR Portal, see user guide.
- Read more about the conditions for transferring holiday days.
- The agreement of transfer of holidays (odt) from next year to this year must be sent to the local personnel officer who forwards it to the Payroll Office.
- The Payroll Office registers the holidays taken in advance on the basis of the submitted agreement, increases the number of holiday days for this year, and for next year registers the same number of days as holiday already taken. The actual holiday(s) must therefore not be applied for in the HR-portal.
- Read more about the conditions for taking holiday days in advance.