Apply for holiday
Be sure to follow current routines when applying for taking, transfer or advance of your holiday, in order to ensure that registration in the University's salary and personnel system SAPDFØ is in accordance with your entitlements. You can check your holiday quota in the self-service portal. Read more about your entitlement to take holidays.
- Your application is electronically submitted from the self-service portal to your superior for approval.
- Once your superior has processed the application in the self-service portal, the system generates an email informing you of the outcome of the application.
- You have the opportunity to edit or delete holidays in the self-service portal, see user guide (dfo.no).
- Read more about the number of holidays you are entitled to and check your holiday quota in the self-service portal (dfo.no).
Note: The holiday quota in the self-service portal shows the number of days you have available for holiday in the current year. This quota is reduced as soon as you have submitted an application for a holiday, ie even before it has been approved by your manager. In this way, the self-service portal constantly shows you the number of available vacation days for which you can create an application.
- Staff at the Department of Social Antropology must in addition notify email@example.com about registered holiday dates.
Apply for holiday without earned holiday pay
- If you joined UiO before 1 October you are allotted the full holiday quota of 5 weeks (25 days) without pay. If you joined UiO after 1 October you are allotted a holiday quota of 1 week (5 days) without pay.
- When you take holidays without pay, you will be deducted on the next salary payment.
- Holidays can only be taken as full working days off.
- Apply for Unpaid holiday in the self-service portal, see user guide (dfo.no).
- If you want to apply for a transfer of holiday days to next year, you must submit your application by 31 January in the self-service portal, see user guide (dfo.no).
- Read more about the conditions for transferring holiday days.
- You must enter into an agreement of transfer of holidays (odt) with your manager. The manager sends the agreement to the local personnel officer who forwards it to the Payroll Office.
- When you wish to take the advance holiday, you apply for holiday in the self-service portal in the ordinary way, see user guide (dfo.no).
- Once your manager has approved the application for an advance holiday in the self-service portal, the Payroll Office deducts the corresponding number of holiday days from your quota for the next holiday year in the self-service portal.
- Read more about the conditions for taking holiday days in advance.