Norwegian version of this page

Apply for holiday

Be sure to follow current routines when applying for taking, transfer or advance of your holiday, in order to ensure that registration in the University's salary and personnel system SAPDFØ is in accordance with your entitlements. You can check your holiday quota in the self-service portal. Read more about your entitlement to take holidays.

Apply for holiday

  • All employees are obliged to register their preference for holiday dates in the self-service portal, see user guide (

  • Your application is electronically submitted from the self-service portal to your superior for approval.
  • Once your superior has processed the application in the self-service portal, the system generates an email informing you of the outcome of the application.
  • You have the opportunity to edit or delete holidays in the self-service portal, see user guide (
  • Read more about the number of holidays you are entitled to and check your holiday quota in the self-service portal (
    Note: The holiday quota in the self-service portal shows the number of days you have available for holiday in the current year. This quota is reduced as soon as you have submitted an application for a holiday, ie even before it has been approved by your manager. In this way, the self-service portal constantly shows you the number of available vacation days for which you can create an application.
  • Staff at the Department of Social Antropology must in addition notify about registered holiday dates.

Apply for holiday without earned holiday pay

Even if you have not earned holiday pay, you have the right to take holiday. All holidays must be agreed with the immediate manager.

  • If you joined UiO before 1 October you are allotted the full holiday quota of 5 weeks (25 days) without pay. If you joined UiO after 1 October  you are allotted a holiday quota of 1 week (5 days) without pay.
  • When you take holidays without pay, you will be deducted on the next salary payment.
  • Holidays can only be taken as full working days off.
  • Apply for Unpaid holiday in the self-service portal, see user guide (

Apply for transfer of holiday

Apply for holiday taken in advance


Published Dec. 18, 2011 10:02 PM - Last modified Nov. 5, 2021 11:24 AM