How to post (posting line)
UiO has a new finance model. The finance model consists of a posting line with dimensions and equivalent relationships.
UiO’s old posting line comprised: type (account) – project – site – measures – counterparty (art (konto)-prosjekt- sted- tiltak –motpart).
New posting line
The new posting line comprises:
account – cost centre – project – sub-project – facility/employee no. – building/work package (konto –koststed – prosjekt – delprosjekt – anlegg/ ansattnr. – bygg/ arbeidspakke)
To order an item, post in Unit 4, repost or submit a travel and subsistence claim form, as a general rule you need to use three of these dimensions.
The most common posting dimensions:
- Account: describes what you are buying. See common BOTT account chart (Excel) (Norwegian).
- Cost centre: describes to whom the cost belongs. There will be a new 8-digit code for cost centre. Cost centre is no longer equivalent to the site code. See overview for coding system and forms (Norwegian).
- Sub-project: a sub-project is associated with one and only one specific project. When posting to a sub-project, the system will derive which project this belongs to. For an overview of the sub-projects at your unit, contact your finance function. This dimension replaces measures.
The other dimensions:
- Project: says something about which project the cost belongs to. It is not possible to post to projects, as this is derived automatically.
- Facility/employee no.: facility and employee no. retrieves information from the facility module and the payroll system (SAP), respectively.
- Building/Work package: Some projects will have work packages associated with the project as an additional dimension for detailing.
Example of new account line
|Account||Cost centre (1)||Project||Sub-project no.||Facility/employee no. retrieved||
|Data supplies||Department of Informatics||MN Education||IFI Group teachers and examiners||nn||Work package|