Get started with Outlook
This guide provides an overview of the Outlook program window and an easy startup guide.
The first time you start Outlook, the program opens the default view.
At the top is the menu bar.
Below this top menu bar you will find (from left):
- Navigation Panel
- Here you can easily move between the different parts of Outlook, such as address books, calendars and e-mail
- The default inbox with search box
- Preview of e-mail
- Calendar and tasks (minimized)
Getting started with Outlook
- Click New E-mail on the top left to open a new email and start typing
- Click Calendar near the bottom of the navigation panel to go to the calendar. To return to the e-mail, click E-mail in the navigation panel.
Changing the display
You can change the default display using the options on the View menu. After using Outlook for a little while, you can try to find a view that you like.