Attestation and authorisation of outlay reimbursement claims
Attestation of outlay reimbursement claims
Outlay reimbursement claims must be attested by a locally designated attestant within the Unit.
Claims that are submitted electronically are attested in the HR portal, see guidelines (Norwegian).
Attestants confirm that:
- the goods/services have been received
- the required documentation is attached to the claim form
- cost assignments are correct
- all adding-up is correct
- Attestants at UiO will often have to assist with the cost assignment process, particularly with identifying the correct expenditure type.
- Special rules apply to the reimbursement of communication services (Norwegian).
Authorisation of outlay reimbursement claims
Outlay reimbursement claims must be authorised by the unit’s designated Budgetary Officer (BDM). The officer affirms that:
Claims that are submitted electronically are authorised in the HR portal, see guidelines (Norwegian).
- the payment has been duly authorised
- there is budgetary cover for the payment
- the payment is financially justifiable
The person who authorises the payment must also check that the form has been correctly countersigned in accordance with the requirements listed for attestation.
- When submitted electronically in the HR portal: Reimbursement claims that are authorised in the HR portal by the Deadline at Payroll Office will be paid at the next run for outlay reimbursement claims.
- When submitted on paper form: Complete reimbursement claims on paper that are received by the Deadline at Payroll Office will be paid at the next run for outlay reimbursement claims.